Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Contrite Heart

They say no sin is too great 
If that is true why do I feel like there us no coming back from this one 
If too whom much is given much is required than i really ought to know better. 
But here I go again selfishly running back to the same sin that had me bound 
That sin that you have so graciously freed me from
If you are the best thing I have ever known and loved … and you are, than why do I constantly choose the lesser over you. 
This flesh of mine is addicted to unrighteousness 
I know you are coming back again, but I am not even worthy of your return
But I guess that's the point huh… 
The fact that ill never be worthy never be deserving of your grace and mercy
Time and time you have freed me and time and time again I have failed you. But you keep on loven me
You keep on lovein me
If it were up to me I would have been counted out a long time ago
But where would I be if that became true 
a slave to my sin
I'd be lost and unaware of you 
But God I don't want to have to sin 
in order to constantly be aware of your saving grace
Oh Lord free me from my sin so that you may become my master
I want to love you more 
Help me every day to love you more 
I know there will be a day where I can and will freely choose you, but until that day I pray that you would shackle me to your holiness so that I will always be aware of my fallen nature
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment